What is a Life Coach?
A life coach definition can vary depending on what your specific goals are. A life coach encourages and counsels clients on a range of professional and personal issues.
Life coaching is distinct from giving advice, consulting, counseling, mentoring and administering therapy. You would hire a coach to help you with specific professional projects, personal goals and transitions. A coach helps you grow by analyzing your current situation, identifying limiting beliefs and other potential challenges and obstacles you face and devising a custom plan of action designed to help you achieve specific outcomes in your life.
The relationship between a client and their lifestyle coach is a creative partnership that seeks to:
- Identify, clarify and create a vision for what the client wants
- Use coach’s expertise to modify goals as needed
- Encourage client’s self-discovery and growth
- Nurture and evoke strategies and a plan of action based on what fits best with the client’s goals, personality and vision
- Foster client accountability to increase productivity
These aspects of the process all work together to allow the client to maximize his or her potential, and research shows that coaching and training is a far more effective combination than training alone. In fact, training alone can increase productivity by 22.4%, but when combined with weekly life coaching, productivity is boosted by 88%.
At Peak Coaching, our coach will help you unblock your full potential and guide you through the challenges and obstacles you are currently facing in your life. We focus on improving your performance and mindset so that you can achieve whatever it is that you are after at this current stage of your life.
What a life coach can do for you
A life coach is a professional who can help you excel in all areas of life. Some of the most common steps clients take while working with life coaches include:
- Identifying goals and defining a vision for success
- Creating professional and personal growth plans
- Identifying limiting beliefs
- Working toward financial independence
- Obtaining work/life balance
- Learning to communicate more succinctly and effectively
- Fostering more powerful connections professionally and personally
- Getting promotions
- Achieving weight loss and/or fitness goals
- Starting a new business or growing an existing one
- Managing an important life or business transition
- Articulating core values